Programs > Brochure
Scholarship - Bhati Family India Travel Grant
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||ANU applicants only|
Bhati Family India Travel Grant
The Bhati Family India Travel Grant is offered each year by the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific. The grant aims to foster regional interconnectedness and encourage talented students to build mutually beneficial relationships between Australia and India by supporting current ANU students from any discipline to undertake research in India.
The grant was established in 2010 and is funded through the Bhati Family Endowment which aims to help create a better understanding and knowledge of Australia in India and of India in Australia.
For further information see the the Bhati Family India Travel Grant Conditions of Award.
The Bhati Family India Travel Grant is valued at $3,000 in 2018. One grant is available per year. The grant is paid in a single instalment to the recipient prior to their approved travel.
To be eligible for the grant the applicant must be a continuing ANU student who is:
- a domestic or international student;
- enrolled in an ANU undergraduate, postgraduate or research pforgram and;
- undertaking travel to India for their research.
Selection will be based upon:
- the extent to which the applicant demonstrates that travelling to India is vital to their research;
- the extent to which the output of the applicant’s research will contribute to a better understanding and knowledge of any aspect of Australia in India, or any aspect of India in Australia;
- the extent of contribution the proposed research is expected to make to issues that are of high priority for Australia and India;
- the applicant’s academic record to date;
- whether the applicant has established links with an institution in India which will help in achieving the purpose of the travel (the institution does not have to be academic);
- whether the applicant has obtained formal approval for the travel program and its objectives from their supervisor.
***Applications for 2018 have been extended***
Applications are managed through the ANU Global Programs System in one round per year.
Applications close Sunday 29 July 2018.
Applications outcomes will be released on Thursday 16 August. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be contacted using their ANU email address and will need to update their bank details on ISIS and return a signed letter of offer.
CAP Student Centre
HC Coombs Building (9)
T: 6125 3207
|Dates / Deadlines:|